On Saturday, February 28th, 2015, HFMI’s Gordon Holley presented a half-day workshop to representatives from 16 community foundations located along the “Sea to Sky Corridor” on the west coast of British Columbia.
Participants learned about their financial roles and responsibilities as funders of not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
- Why is Financial Management so Important?
- Types of Foundation Funds
- Public foundations – CRA Rules and Regulations
- Allowable Activities
- Restricted Activities
- Donation Receipting
- Financial Roles and Responsibilities
- How to Read Financial Statements & Reports
- Internal Controls to Protect Foundation Assets
Interested in organizing a similar workshop for your group? Contact us to learn how we could help.