We collect personal information
We collect the following types of personal information about you, either directly or through persons or entities acting on our behalf:
• Personal information you provide to us, including:
o Information that you provide us with, including your company name, address, Business Number, and other identifying and contact information, in addition to your bookkeeping, tax and other financial information, and your e-mail address;
o Information that you provide us with, including your company name, address, Business Number, and other identifying and contact information, in addition to your bookkeeping, tax and other financial information, and your e-mail address; and
o Information for billing and payment purposes, including credit or debit card information, such as card number and card expiration date; and
• Personal information from your use of our Web site, such as navigation patterns at the site and information we collect through Internet cookies (cookies are messages linked to your Internet browser and used to customize your experience at our Web site by, for example, showing you information that is relevant to your interests).
We use the personal information we collect to serve you better
The personal information you provide is used to complete your bookkeeping, and to provide you with other requested financial information and services, which may include financial statements, ledgers, payroll, GST, PST and other summaries, and for administrative and billing purposes.
We may also use your personal information to enable us to understand your needs and preferences and then to alert you by mail, phone or e-mail to current and anticipated product offerings, and to tailor marketing material to your specific needs.
We only disclose the personal information we collect in limited circumstances
We never sell, rent or trade your information. We only disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. Disclosures of personal information may include the following:
• We may share your contact and identifying information with our affiliates, franchise locations, or financial services partners for the purposes listed above. (For more information, please see our Third Party Disclosure below).
• We may disclose information we collect to our affiliates or service providers, or both, to perform a service for us or to perform a function on our behalf. In cases where we use service providers, we restrict such service providers from using your personal information except to act on our behalf in accordance with identified purposes and we require them to treat your personal information as confidential information.
• We may disclose information we collect to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties as required or permitted by law. Such disclosures may include, without limitation, disclosures to effect services that you request, to our franchisees to provide a product or service you have requested, to process credit card transactions, to permit auditing of account information, to comply with legal process, such as a subpoena, search warrant, or other court or government agency order, or in the event of a sale or transfer of our business or assets.
We may also disclose aggregated information that does not identify you individually, compiled using your personal information.
We protect your personal information
Humanity Financial Management Inc. protects personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We restrict access to personal information to those employees who need to access it in order to serve you. We never disclose your personal information to non-affiliated third parties, except as described herein.
Humanity Financial Management Inc. shall retain personal information only as long as necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or as permitted or required by law.
You have rights
You have the option, at any time, to call 604-926-8000 or e-mail us at info@humanity Financial.ca to request access to your personal information in order to verify its accuracy and rectify it if required, or to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your information (except as required to provide you with the services you request or to provide you with necessary information relating to your accounts with us, or as required by law). Due to the private nature of the personal information we maintain, our company policy does not permit disclosure of your personal information over the phone or via e-mail. Instead we can make other arrangements for you to access your personal information.
If you require further information about Humanity Financial Management Inc.’ privacy policies or practices, or to access or update your personal information, please contact us at the phone number or e-mail address listed above.
Changes to our policy
Third Party Disclosure
In connection with preparing your bookkeeping and providing other financial services, we may utilize the services of various third parties to assist in the preparation of your bookkeeping and we may make available to them confidential client information as necessary. Third parties may include accountants based locally and/or overseas. In addition, as a result of the Humanity Financial Management Inc.’ franchise system and in order to offer you a wide-range of financial services, we have a number of other affiliates with whom we may share information. Humanity Financial Management Inc. affiliates include franchise locations doing business under the name Humanity Financial Management Inc. which offer bookkeeping and other financial services.
Some of the third party service providers that we may use are located in the United States, and in instances where your personal information is processed or stored by another affiliate or service provider in the United States, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information under the laws of the United States.