Humanity Financial President & CEO Gordon Holley will present a complimentary, one-hour webinar titled “How to Read and Understand Financial Statements for your Small to Medium Non-Profit or Charity” to the Canadian Charity Law Association on March 15th, 2017.
Who should attend? This webinar is perfect for board members and directors who want to build confidence in the financial reporting and analysis of their organizations.
Cost: complimentary and available through the Canadian Charity Law website.
- Which financial reports should we be receiving as board members?
- What is my role in reviewing financial statements and reports?
- What do I need to understand in order to discharge my financial governance responsibilities?
- What should I be looking for in a Statement of Financial Position (or Balance Sheet)?
- What should I be looking for in a Statement of Operations (or Income Statement)?
- How is a Statement of Cash Flows different from a Statement of Operations?
- What roles do external accountants play in our financial reporting?
- What roles do internal bookkeepers and accountants play in our financial reporting?
- Are we required to have an Audit? When is it OK not to have an Audit?
- Why is the Revenue Recognition Policy so important? How does it effect the financial statements?
- What is a Reserve? And why should every NFPO and Charity have one?
- What is the difference between externally restricted assets and internally restricted assets?